Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is the speciality concerned with the surgical management of conditions affecting the teeth, mouth, jaws, face and neck. The speciality is unique and requires dual qualification in medicine and dentistry in addition to the general and specialist surgical training.
Our consultants have expertise in:
- Surgical removal of jaw cysts and tumours
- Excision of biopsy of lip, mouth and tongue lesions
- Treatment for mouth ulcers, sore mouth and facial pain
- Salivary surgery
- Surgery for facial injuries such as broken jaws and cheek bones
- Treatment of temporomandibular (the joint between the skull and lower jaw bone) joint disease
- Surgery to correct facial deformity
- Facial aesthetic surgery
Please note we do not provide surgical or general dental treatment such as check ups, fillings, crowns, wisdom teeth removal, dental implants or gum treatments.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultants